- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God, God in human form. We believe that the virgin-born Son of God died for our sins, was buried, rose from the dead and is coming again. We believe He is both fully God and fully man.
Read more: Philippians 2:5-7 | John 14:9 | John 8:58 | John 1:1, 14 | Colossians 2:9
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the written record of His supernatural revelation of Himself to man, absolute in its authority, complete in its revelation, final in its content and without any error in its teaching.
Read more: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 | 2 Peter 1:20-21
- We believe in the historical creation of man.
Read more: Genesis 1:27
- We believe that all are born as innocent babies, but are eventually separated from God by sin.
Read more: Jeremiah 17:9 | Romans 3:23
- We believe in the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross to atone for the sins of mankind.
Read more: Isaiah 53:3-6 | 2 Corinthians 5:21 | Romans 5:8
- We believe in the literal, bodily resurrection of Christ from the dead as prophesied.
Read more: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
- We believe in the literal return of Christ as promised.
Read more: John 14:1-6 | 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 | 2 Peter 3:3-4, 10, 13
- We believe in the assignment of all people to heaven or to hell at their time of death or at the time of Christ's return.
Read more: Hebrews 9:27 | 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 | Revelation 20:15 | 2 Corinthians 5:6-10
- We believe that the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life are promised to those who trust Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Read more: John 3:16-17 | Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe that those putting their trust in Christ shall repent of their sins, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him.
We do not administer baptism to infants or to children who have not confessed faith in Christ, nor do we baptize by any mode other than immersion. We would ask any believer who has not been baptized by immersion to submit to that New Testament form before becoming a member of North Point Christian Church.Read more: Romans 10:9 | Acts 2:38-39 | Romans 6:3-4
- We believe that those who receive Christ also receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit: He marks them as the possession of God, manifests the fruit of righteousness in their character, and endows them with spiritual gifts for ministry.
Read more: 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 | Galatians 5:22-23 | 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
- We believe that a spiritual gift is a special ability, given by the Holy Spirit to every believer, to be used to minister to others and thereby build up the Body of Christ.
Read more: 1 Peter 4:10 | Romans 12:6-8 | 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
- We believe that in New Testament churches which were led by Apostles or by those specially empowered by the laying on of the Apostles' hands, miraculous gifts were manifested.
Read more: Acts 2:43 | Acts 8:18 | 2 Timothy 1:6
- We believe that in New Testament churches which lacked direct apostolic leadership, non-miraculous gifts prevailed: The miraculous gifts were not present.
While we believe that God continues to answer prayer and work miracles, today, we do not expect to see the miraculous spiritual gift manifested in the church because of the lack of apostolic leadership. We ask that those who seek the miraculous gifts (e.g. speaking in tongues) not practice those gifts within our worship services or promote the exercise of those gifts among our members.Read more: Acts 8:5-8, 14-17
- We believe that the pattern of the New Testament was to observe the Lord's Supper each week.
Read more: Acts 20:7
- We believe that each believer should give a generous, intentional, regular, proportional gift of his or her income to God, through the local church, as a spiritual discipline.
Read more: Malachi 3:10 | 1 Corinthians 16:2 | 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- We believe that God answers prayer, occasionally in miraculous ways. We believe prayer is a spiritual discipline that should be taught and learned within the Body of Christ.
Read more: Acts 1:14 | Colossians 4:2 | 1 John 5:14-15
- We believe the Church is a body of Christ-followers who should live in community and enjoy the connection possible in the fellowship of Home Groups.
Read more: Acts 2:44-47
- We believe the "will of God" is discerned through the direct teaching of the Scriptures as well as through prayer, wise counsel, and a careful consideration of circumstances.
Read more: Proverbs 16:3 | Proverbs 19:21 | James 1:5 | James 4:13-15 | Romans 12:1-2
- We believe that we are "Christians only," but not the only Christians.
Read more: John 10:14-16
- We believe the Church should seek unity with all believers in matters essential to the universal Christian faith, and contend for liberty in all matters wherein the Lord has not spoken through His Word.
Read more: Ephesians 4:2-6
- We believe the local church is an autonomous body which cooperates with many Christian agencies but is regulated or dominated by none.
Read more: Ephesians 5:23
- We believe love is to be shown to all people as the central trait of the Christian faith.
Read more: John 13:35 | 1 Peter 4:8
- We believe the mission of the church is to reach the spiritually lost for Christ, to teach with the goal of "forming Christ in them" and then to mobilize believers to accomplish God's purposes in the world.
Read more: Matthew 28:18-20
- We believe that full devotion to Jesus Christ is normal for every Christian.
Read more: Matthew 16:24-27
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman.
Read more: Genesis 2:24 | Jeremiah 29:6 | Isaiah 62:5 | Leviticus 18:22 | Leviticus 20:13
- We believe in the sanctity of life and that life begins at conception.
Read more: Psalm 139:13-16